These are just some of my walking goals for London for the next few years. The idea is to document my progress here, but past experience has lead me to believe that it will be slow going. I'm also going to highlight any other significant walks I've accomplished here.
1. Walk all Tube lines above ground
Circle Line: From Hammersmith clockwise around the loop to Edgeware Road. Approximate walking distance: 22 miles (a few wrong turns)
Victoria Line: From Brixton to Walthamstow Central. Approximate walking distance: 16 miles.
Waterloo and City Line: From Waterloo to Bank. Approximate walking distance: 2 miles.
Central Line: From Ealing Broadway to Epping. Approximate walking distance: 36 miles (one major wrong turn between Theydon Bois and Epping)
Northern Line: Mordern to Euston via Bank. Approximate walking distance 14.5 miles.
2. Walk all London Overground lines
3. Walk all DLR lines
4. Walk all National Rail routes within the M25
5. Walk the Capital Ring
6. Walk the London Loop
Section 17: Done in reverse direction from Enfield Lock to Cockfosters. Approximate walking distance: 8.5 miles.
7. Walk the Grand Union Canal to the edge of London.
Notable completed walks:
1. Covent Garden to Limehouse along Regent's Canal and Grand Union Canal to Kew Bridge then following Thames Path back to Covent Garden. Approximate walking distance 47 miles (finished in almost exactly 15 hours including rest stops)
2. Thames Path, South Side. Done in two stages: Hampton Court to Cutty Sark approximate walking distance 30 miles. Erinth to Tower Bridge approximate walking distance 19 miles.
3. Several other 20+ mile walks with the Long Distance Walkers Association.
Visit every Borough in London
Barking and Dagenham
City of London
Hammersmith and Fulham
Kensington and Chelsea
Kingston upon Thames
Richmond upon Thames
Yet to Visit: