Photo from outside South Ken last year
When I’m not working, walking the tube or out at the pub, I spend a fair bit of time reading about London. There are so many good blogs about London out there that don’t get the attention they deserve. So I’ve decided to start an irregular feature where I highlight some of the better posts I’ve read recently.
- The Cally Market – new street market opening on Caledonian Road November 17th, 2012 (near Caledonian & Barnsbury Station).
- Food Standard Agency Apps – Find out if a restaurant, takeaway or food shop you want to eat at or buy food from has good food hygiene standards. Warning do not look use the morning after.
- Parliament Tours Could Raise £3m Per Year – Won’t happen, but it should.
- Homeless families to be expelled from London by councils – Seems councils are looking for ways to move their poorest people out.
- 4.2% Fare Rise – Diamond Geezer looks back on transit fares in historical perspective. No surprise, transit’s got a lot more expensive.
- London Overground Goes Orbital – The South London link from Surrey Quays to Clapham Junction opens on Sunday 9th December, and suddenly it’ll be possible to ride round the capital via only orange trains.